Professor – Audiovisual journalism – Audiovisual dialogue
Professor – Broadcast Journalism (COM 40409)
School of Contemporary Media
Faculty of Creative Industries
Job group: Faculty
Type of position: Full time
Working hours per week: 44
Internal closing – April 7, 2022
External Closure – Open Until Filled
Working at Fanshawe College
In order to support a healthy campus for learning, living, and working, Fanshawe College has moved the majority of our academic, support, and administrative operations online to curb the spread of COVID-19. Today, the majority of these services continue to be provided remotely, but as public health guidelines allow for more in-person services, Fanshawe College has begun to welcome back our community for on-campus activities.
As a Fanshawe College employee, you may be required to work on campus, remotely, or a combination of both. Confirmation of your work location will be clarified with you upon hiring and may be subject to change depending on the duties required for your position.
Fanshawe College strongly believes that the key to maintaining a healthy campus and community and to protecting each other is following all public health guidelines, including vaccination.
As of November 5, 2021, Fanshawe College requires all students, staff, and visitors to all campuses to be fully immunized in order to attend campus in person.
For those who cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, please notify us when they will be contacted for an interview and arrangements can be made to participate virtually.
A full-time faculty at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and developing an effective learning environment for students. Reporting to the Associate Dean of the School of Contemporary Media, the Professor – Broadcast Journalism will teach in our Broadcast Journalism and Broadcast Journalism – Television News programs.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide variety of learners
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of educational technologies are required
- Teaching experience with hybrid and/or online delivery preferred
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience, and knowledge of curriculum design and student assessments are assets
- 2-year post-secondary degree or diploma in journalism or related field
- A 3-year degree or a bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a professional journalist working in broadcast and digital media environments
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants who meet the study requirements
- Demonstrated skill in writing and writing reports for multimedia, audio and video recording and editing, and creative sharing on social media
- Professional journalism experience creating content for multiple platforms required
- Teaching experience in a post-secondary environment with a demonstrated focus and commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, or strong evidence of mentorship is an asset
- Proven track record of professional development, collaboration and continuous learning
Approximate start date: July 4, 2022
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant educational/professional experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported by original academic transcripts from granting institutions. The salary range is $66,555 to $115,378 along with a full benefits package.
Part-load or full-time academic staff currently employed by the College will be considered first in accordance with the academic collective agreement.
Although transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any job offer.
How to register:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be recognized.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to respecting equity, valuing diversity and welcoming candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or the selection process, the hiring manager and the hiring coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the applicant’s accommodation needs.